Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Away

Went up to Wolves this weekend. Went out on Friday to The lighthouse with Tom, Carrie, Big Dave and some other people. Good night out and I returned home sober (just didn’t feel like drinking after driving back).

Saturday I got my tires replace on my car, popped over to Ellie’s and then went into town with my Dad. Went to the wolves Box office to get a supporter number and then to the pub and off to the match.

We played so well in the first 20 minutes, all over the Southampton defence, demanding a world class save out of the keeper and hitting the post. On Southampton’s first attack they scored.

About 5 minutes later Garry Breen put the ball in his own net. And about 10 minutes after that it was 3-0 when Matt Murray got stranded in his own box and found himself victim to a lucky lob. To compound matters Knightly missed a penalty on the stroke of half time, but even I could tell which side he was going to put the ball.

Second half was even worse and we lost 6-0 (at home) in the end. The wolves fans with me in the South Bank were brilliant. At 6-0 down we were singing “we’re going to win 7-6”, starting Mexican waves and prising Mick McCarthy.

Sunderland Next Week - Happy Birthday Dad!

Went out for a curry on Saturday night and then got 12 hours sleep. Sunday I rang round wedding venues, went to see granddad and then picked up Karis from her mom’s pub in Oldbury and drove home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home