Monday, December 04, 2006

RTA

Yesterday Ellie dumped the car I was in in a ditch. We were on our way to Milton Keynes to go to Ikea and to look at ski jackets. On the way between Forrest Hill and Islip there is a chicane at the end of a long straight, Ellie swerved to avoid something on the left of the road, overcompensated to the left and we started to spin. Ellie reckons we rolled but upon looking at the car today I think that is unlikely. I was amazed at my reactions, I curled up into a ball and assumed the brace position as they tell you on planes.

Next thing I can remember is sitting in the car looking over at Ellie and asking if she was OK. I said, “Let’s get out of here”, kicked the shattered window through and undid her belt pulling her out. No honestly, that’s what happened. Next, We stood by the side of the road in shock. Some guy pulled up in a SAAB and was really helpful. We even tried to push the car back off its side onto its wheels.

The police took ages to arrive and the ambulance even longer. Spent 3 hours in the JR hospital only to hear that Ellie was OK to go. I was so full of adrenalin that they didn’t even check me over. Although I have now found that I came off worse. Ellie has a sore neck. I have two bruised knees, cuts on my left shin, sore ribs and keep finding pieces of glass in my hands. But hey it was pretty exciting (not that I’m in a hurry to do it again).

Photos to follow when I get back to work next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home