Friday, September 22, 2006

Back to the land of my forefathers

That's right, this weekend this weekend I've driven up to sunny Wolverhampton to make wine, watch football and eat curry. The drive north has two noticeable smell experiences on the way. The first is as you drive through Banbury you can smell Marmite from the factory there, and the other is when you come off the M5 at Oldbury you get a whiff of toxic fumes and animal fat, oh the sweet smell of home. Also the sky goes a disturbing shade of orange if it is dark and there are clouds about.

I hope wolves win tomorrow as I haven't seen them win since the playoff final. I've stopped wearing a wolves shirt in case it is that which is bringing me bad luck.

Meeting big Doyve in the pub before the match. Then off to Ellie's parents (The other side of the park to Molineux) for a Shebab curry. The usual no doubt, lamb rangoon with special rice. They don't make them as good in Oxford but don't get me started on that one coz I'm a bit of a curry snob.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home